For any child entering Kindergarten or 1st Grade in a public/private elementary school, he/she must have documentation for the following immunizations:
- Four (4) DTaP shots – diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough). Some children will have five (5) shots by the time they start school.
- Three (3) Polio shots – some children will have four (4) shots by school entry.
- One (1) Varicella shot (chicken pox) – Unless your child had chickenpox disease.
- Two (2) MMR shots – measles, mumps and rubella (German measles)
- Three (3) Hepatitis B shots
For any child entering sixth (6th) grade (must be 11 years-old) and above, he/she needs proof of the vaccinations noted above as well as the following:
- One (1) Tdap shot (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) at 11 years old or older
- One (1) Meningococcal shot
There are other RECOMMENDED vaccinations for children, including those now for COVID-19. Please discuss with your healthcare provider.