Dear Parents and Guardians of The Education Academy,
The Coronavirus has become a serious concern throughout the country, including here in New Jersey. Although we haven’t had any confirmed cases in Lanoka Harbor, our school is working behind the scenes to prevent any outbreaks and to keep our staff and students as safe and healthy as possible. Some of the things we are doing include:
- Extra cleaning of surfaces that students contact often, such as desks, sinks, and handrails.
- Talking to students about safely sneezing or coughing into a tissue or their sleeve.
- Talking with students about washing their hands often. Students should wash with soap for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available (Center for Disease Control).
- Making available extra cleaning products, including disinfecting wipes, tissues, and paper
- Our aides monitor the students in the restrooms to ensure proper utilization of handwashing techniques.
As parents, you can help us to make sure our schools remain safe. The most important thing is to keep your children home if they are not feeling well, even if they do not go to the doctor. Germs spread quickly in classrooms filled with students. We do not want to put other students at risk if a student comes to school sick.
Our school nurse sent home important information regarding viruses on Friday, March 6, 2020. We have received from local, county, and state-level officials the best strategies to combat the spread of the Coronavirus. The Education Academy has always had an emergency preparedness plan in place in case of possible extended school closings. So please be assured that The Education Academy staff is staying on top of recent events that could impact our students and families.
Thank you for your continued support.
Linda A. Phillips